Life's indescribably different here in India, but I'm adjusting quickly and enjoying the challenges. Arrived into Kolkata, then took a train a couple days later to Varansi and the sacred Ganges river. Admired the maze of winding alleys and spent time chatting with the locals attending the cremations at the burning ghats. Continued from there to Delhi where I've been most of the past week. I spent my birthday attempting to capture unique shots of the Taj Mahal at sunrise - the second visit this week in search of good light. I'll be leaving tomorrow night for Amritsar, near the border with Pakistan and then spend a couple weeks traveling along the Himalayas. I'll be in Dharamshala for Xmas - seat of the Tibetan government in exile. Plan to stop in Shimla, Rishikesh, Haridwar, Allahabad, Mirzapur and Varanasi once again before returning to Delhi. Should be plenty cold.
Route for the next couple weeks in purple on the map ->
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
These are places most people will only dream of seeing. I'm glad you are having such an adventure. Keep in touch. Hope your birthday was great - and that you enjoy Christmas (do they celebrate it there?)
ReplyDeleteLove, Momma Sue
your photos of india are insanely sweet.
ReplyDeleteHey ZOTTT... so nice of you to keep us posted on your wanderings. A little glimpse into a new world. Or..is it the old world?
ReplyDeletePops
JUNE 6, 2009
ReplyDeleteTalked to Zott who made it out of Russia and is now enjoying Barcelona. Said he would update soon.
We are off to DC next week to check on Obama.